Visa for stay up to 90 days
When applying for a visa, the following must be enclosed with your visa application:
- original visa application - first three pages of the form must be filled out completely (with ballpoint pen or by typewriter, do not use red ink) and applicant's signature is required;
- original travel document valid for at least 90 days beyond the expiration date of the requested visas;
- one photograph glued (please do not staple) to the upper part of the first page of the application;
- a stamped, self?addressed envelope with postage stamps for certified mail if you want to have the visa returned by mail; if you want us to mail your documents overnight, please provide us with a stamped self?addressed envelope for Express Mail.
- The visa officer may also ask for documents such as confirmation of accomodation or documents proving the applicantīs possession of sufficient funds to cover his living expenses in the Czech Republic. (E.g. in case of longer stay a recent bank statement or a letter from your host or sponsor in the Czech Republic confirming that he/she will support you during your visit and evidence that he/she can do so). You may be asked for the same by the Czech immigration officer at the border crossing.
- copy of a valid airplane ticket to and from the Czech Republic with specified dates (not an open one).
The processing time is approximately 30 days for all applications whether received by post or presented in person.
THE APPLICATION FORM IS PROCESSED BY COMPUTER, THEREFORE IF THE FORM IS NOT COMPLETED LEGIBLY AND IN FULL THE VISA MAY BE DELAYED, OR THE APPLICATION MAY NOT BE PROCESSED AT ALL. THE APPLICATION FORM MUST NOT BE FOLDED.
Visa application forms are processed by the consulate, but the Visa is issued by the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Rome, Italy.
If you wish to apply by post you should first send your request (original), indicating your nationality, together with a self-addressed and pre-paid envelope (size A4). The form cannot be sent to you by fax. After completing and signing the form, return it, with all the required documentation together with a self-addressed and prepaid envelope to the above address.
- the Consulate may always request additional documents and/or information prior to issuing the visa, therefore always include a contact telephone number;
- in some cases the decision-making process can take up to 30 days. The Consulate cannot guarantee the issue of any visa. The decision is final and irrevocable.
- No visa can be obtained at the border or at the airports;
- The maximum length of an individual stay in the Czech Republic, based on a visa, is 90 days. The visa may be used at any time within six months from the date of issue.
- No vaccination certificates are required, unless coming from an infected area.
- Imports and exports - personal effects brought into the Czech Republic for use during a visit are not subject to import duty. Import of gifts is permitted with duty and VAT if the quantity and value do not exceed 6000,- Czech Crowns.Please pay attention to the Customs Information on Exports available upon arrival at border crossing points.
- Bearers of Czech Tourist Visas must register at any Czech Immigration PoliceStation within three days of arrival in the Czech Republic. Visitors staying in hotels are registered automatically.
There is no visa fee for children under 15 years of age.
1.1. Single entry
A single entry visa for a period of stay not exceeding 90 days.
1.2. Multiple entry
A multiple entry visa for a period of stay not exceeding 90 days.